To engage and advance Karamoja’s development through Advocacy sharing information experiences and strategies in the UK and Diaspora, to strengthen the Karamojong voices and capacity to participate effectively and influence decisions and efficient service delivery
As Karamojong in the diaspora, our focus will be to look at trends, challenges, successes and opportunities to be explored in Karamoja.
Aware that a lot of efforts have been put in place by local, national and international bodies to enhance Karamojong development, this event will provide an opportunity to reflect what has worked and what is not working in the development process of the region.
Strategies and Activities
- KCUKF shall engage and discuss any matters within the sphere of development issues and products for the excellence of executing the different tasks in Karamoja and UK shall as well as matters relevant to both Uganda and UK policies.
- To lead the sensitization campaigns to all Karamojong’s Friends and well-wishers both home and in Diaspora including the Government bodies, leaders for the mutual understanding of this cause.
- To work together with The Iteso Welfare Association in UK in all aspects of development for the Ateker People.
- To bring together all willing Karamojongs and its friends, practitioners, and maintain a membership database to that effect
- Fundraising and lobby for Karamoja community UK Foundation
- lead in the acquisition of land in one of the Districts for the architect, and the construction of the university
- To monitor and evaluate the processes and activities executed all through by different committees and the professional operation teams at Karamoja community UK Foundation.
- To make timely reporting, budgeting, and accountability of Karamoja community UK on a weekly/monthly/annual and as and when need arise.
- To establish strong working relationships/partnerships with like-minded bodies/organizations globally, locally with Community leader’s forum meetings to share and discuss development issues geared in achieving the government set goals.
- To Perform Cultural shows at different community groups that we are collaborating with.
- To work with investors to promote investment that challenges power balances and enables economic growth to be more equally distributed. Business has great potential for alleviating poverty. We want to maximise the contribution that business can make towards poverty reduction. This involves challenging some practices and building a model for ethical trade. This is another route for developing sustainable livelihoods for people living in poverty around the world.
- To build links between rural and urban areas and international area, especially in the development of product markets and value chains. We will work with others to develop strategies to improve urban women’s livelihoods.
- To maximise opportunities to use new technologies to communicate and administer the development in Karamoja
- To see to it that we build a new global governance to avert food crises. Governments’ top priority must be to tackle hunger and reduce vulnerability – creating jobs and investing in climate adaptation, disaster risk reduction and social protection. International governance – of trade, food aid, financial markets, and climate finance – must be transformed to reduce the risks of future shocks and respond more effectively when they occur.
- To also build a new agricultural future by prioritizing the needs of small-scale food producers in developing countries – where the major gains in productivity, sustainable intensification, poverty reduction and resilience can be achieved. And we must reverse the gross misallocation of resources, which sees the vast majority of public money for agriculture flow to agro-industrial farms in the north.
- Finally, To build the architecture of a new ecological future, mobilizing investment and shifting the behaviors of businesses and consumers, while crafting global agreements for the equitable distribution of scarce resources. A global deal on climate change will be the litmus test of success.
If you would like The Team to Lobby for specific projects contact for more information on
What’s up +447733630551